Manager of Donor Impact – Chicago
Manager of Donor Impact – Chicago
Guitars Over Guns’ Chicago region is seeking a young, dynamic leader to fill its first Manager of Donor Impact role. The person who fills this founding role will join a successful non-profit organization with ambitious regional goals and will be mentored by our National Director of Advancement & Donor Impact in Miami. Given the support and training we plan to offer, along with the tremendous potential for growth we see in Chicago, we expect to build our regional development efforts around this individual.
The Manager of Donor Impact must share a passion for education and the arts, skill in connecting and engaging individuals, and a critical lens on Chicago, with deep ties to its neighborhoods, assets, and challenges.
ABOUT GUITARS OVER GUNS:
Guitars Over Guns (“GOGO”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that offers students from our most vulnerable communities a powerful combination of music education and mentorship with professional musicians to help them overcome hardship, find their voice, and reach their potential as tomorrow’s leaders. Since 2008, GOGO has increased the academic achievement and engagement for over 5,000 students.
Currently, GOGO Chicago is operating on a $850,000 budget generated through philanthropic revenue and grants. This past program year we served 323 youth in 12 programs in Chicago and anticipate the number of students to increase to 400 this year.
The Manager of Donor Impact will be a key partner to the Chicago Regional Director, the National Director of Advancement & Donor Impact, and Chicago board leadership to collaborate and implement strategies to achieve ambitious annual goals. Our fundraising work will take advantage of GOGO’s reputation as an organization that effectively cultivates, engages, and retains an increasing roster of individual and institutional donors.
This is not a desk job. This position is all about relationships, both internally and in the community. We are seeking a dynamic individual who is passionate about the work and the opportunity to have a huge impact on the organization. This role will require a self-starter that can be public facing and autonomous and desires a seat at the leadership table. There will be opportunities and incentives for professional growth, both in the position and in building a team. Our work environment is fast-paced but fun, casual but professional, and very upbeat. We do serious work but having a sense of humor and a genuine desire to find joy in what we do lies at the core of our values.
- Lead the coordination of the development of Chicago’s annual fundraising plan to support our programs, and in alignment with strategic objectives.
- Major gifts: identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts from Chicago major donors, working with the Regional Director and Board of Directors as appropriate. Ensure implementation of the stewardship plan and increase donor relations.
- Institutional Giving: manage and increase a portfolio of annual grants from corporate, government, and foundation sources. Work with the grant writer on applications and reports in a timely manner, and research new funding opportunities.
- Events: Identify, secure and assist hosts for house concerts and virtual events to cultivate major donors. Invite and cultivate major and potential donors at programmatic GOGO events.
- Communications and Collateral materials: Coordinate with communications agency to help produce fundraising materials, website content and monthly newsletter.
- Passion for raising funds for an organization that inspires youth and creates change
- Skill in connecting and engaging individuals from all backgrounds and levels within the organization and the community
- Solutions-oriented thinker who is not afraid to ‘leave the box’ for ideas
- Deep understanding of Chicago’s communities, assets, and challenges
- Highly attentive to detail and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and a diverse workload, while achieving results
- Enjoys taking the initiative to meet new people
Tiffany Cannava, Director of Advancement & Donor Impact: email@example.com